Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Of course, breastfeeding does not require a special place and is appropriate—as the Canadian government’s slogan says—”anytime, anywhere.” The purpose of the symbol is not to segregate breastfeeding, but to help integrate it into society by better accommodating it in public.
The International Breastfeeding Symbol is now used all over the world to demonstrate supportive, safe places for women to breastfeed their children. Businesses, public, and governmental spaces use this symbol to say “Breastfeeding welcome here.”
In Biggar, the logo is being displayed at Biggar Pharmasave, Leslie's Drug Store, and the Parent Mentoring Office (102-6th Avenye East).
Show All Answers
Pit Construction / Placement
1. Must be 3 meters (10 feet) from buildings, property lines, or combustible materials and located in an area free of dry grass, brush or combustible soil, such as peat moss.
2. Pit shall not exceed 1 meter (3 feet) in width, height or diameter when measured between widest points.
3. The fire pit or outdoor fire place shall have enclosed sides made from bricks, concrete blocks, and heavy gauge metal or non-combustible material acceptable to the Fire Chief.
4. A spark arrester mesh screen with openings no larger than 1.25 cm (1/2 inch) and constructed of expanded metal must be used to cover the fire pit opening in a manner sufficient to contain and reduce the hazards or airborne sparks.
Conditions for Burning
1. At least one (1) responsible adult shall be in attendance at all times to monitor and control the fire and have available means to extinguish the fire should an emergency situation develop.
2. The fire pit or outdoor fire place shall be used in a manner which does not cause any inconvenience or nuisance to neighbors.
3. Only the following material shall be permitted for burning in a fire pit or outdoor fire place:- Clean wood products with no preservatives- Prefabricated burning logs- Manufactured combustible gases or solid fuel designated for home barbecue use.
Please use caution when using a outdoor fire pit, be aware of all conditions surrounding the area and you will enjoy a summer of fun.
1) Plaza Mobile Home Park & RV Park. Call 306-948-2554 or 306-948-7161.Each site includes electricity, water & sewer. There is a also a shower building.
2) Biggar Regional Park. Contact Jim Besse at 306-948-2127 for information.